As a 2015-2016 Chair-Elect of the the ASA/CSSA/SSSA Early Career Members Committee (ECMC), and a Crop Science Society of America Representative, I would like to share some information about the upcoming educational and networking opportunities.
If you have further questions about the sessions or would like to serve as an expert for one or our panels, please contact me, Olga Walsh at: email@example.com.
The Early Career Member Committee (ECMC) serves members beginning their careers - new professionals and graduate students in agronomy, crop, soil, and environmental sciences. The ECMC consists of members from each of the three societies who serve three-year terms.
The Early Career Member Committee (ECMC) serves many functions:
1.) A voice for Early Career Member's (ECM's) within the ACS societies and on federal policy topics.
3.) Serve as the selection committee for the Early Career Professional Award.
4.) Prepare an article for the CSA News on a monthly basis on topics relevant to ECM's.
5.) Moderate the ECMC online discussion boards.
6.) Obtain input and develop recommendations on ways to better serve Early Career Members beyond the activities at the annual meetings.
We will be offering the following sessions this year:
- Negotiation Strategies for Early Career Scientists
- Tips from the Experts on the Job Application and Interviewing Process
- Teaching and Extension
- How to Publish a Manuscript in ASA, CSSA and SSSA Journals
- Interactive Workshop: Writing Manuscripts for Publication
- Grant Application Navigation and Resources for Expanding Early Career Opportunities