- UI Parma Agronomy Program
- Idaho Crops & Soils Newsletter
- Research Publications
- Teaching & Mentoring
- Olga Walsh - Cropping Systems Agronomist
- Extension Publications
- South-West Idaho Cereal Program
- Sanaz - Postdoctoral Research Scientist
- Jordan - Agricultural Technician Senior
- Nitrogen Management Survey
- UI Nutrient Management Conference
- UAV for Fruit Tree Monitoring
Wednesday, August 29, 2018
Monday, August 20, 2018
We are pleased to announce that the 9th Biennial Idaho Nutrient Management Conference will take place November 15, 2018 in Twin Falls area (more details on the venue will be available shortly).
The purpose of this one day conference is to demonstrate the various research projects that are being conducted by the University of Idaho and USDA-ARS, and to identify needs for research in order to fill gaps that may arise.
Continued nutrient management education is vital to the state of Idaho.
This conference has been, and will remain, a valuable means of providing up-to-date research information to ensure that nutrient management planning will be agronomically and environmentally sound.
Typical attendance have been between 50 and 100.
On the behalf of this years’ planning committee, I invite you to:
- Participate by presenting an oral or a poster presentation. The broad focus areas are: 1) crops & soils; 2) manure; 3) irrigation & nutrients
- Suggest keynote speakers to open the conference with a 30 min presentation
- Volunteer to peer-review 1-2 proceedings papers as service to your colleagues
- Please forward to anyone who might be interested
UI Nutrient Management Conference Planning Committee:
Olga Walsh, Cropping Systems Agronomist, Parma, ID, Chair
Lide Chen, Waste Management Engineer, Twin Falls, ID, Co-Chair
Richard Norell, Dairy Specialist, Idaho Falls, ID
Jim Ekins, Area Water Educator, Coeur d’Alene, ID
Lauren Golden, Blaine County Extension Educator, Hailey, ID
Mario de Haro Marti, Gooding County Extension Educator, Gooding, ID
Olga S. Walsh, Ph.D.
2018 Chair of NMC Planning Committee
Cropping Systems Agronomist & Extension Specialist, Assistant Professor
University of Idaho, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, Department of Plant Sciences, Parma Research & Extension Center 29603 U of I Lane, Parma, ID 83660, Phone: (208)291-6218
Lide Chen, Ph.D.
2018 Co-Chair of NMC Planning Committee
Waste Management Engineer,
University of Idaho, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, Department of Soil and Water Systems, Twin Falls Research & Extension Center, CSI Evergreen Building, 315 Falls Avenue, P. O. Box 1827, Twin Falls, ID 83303-1827, Phone: (208)736-3615