- An interactive grower panel has been a hit among the attendees at the last workshop, where growers are exchanging their experiences and expertize in growing crops in a no-till environment - and this year's panel will be lead by Clark Hamilton - Bonneville Co., Ken Campbell - Power Co., and “Genesee” Joe Anderson - Latah Co.
- Andy McGuire (Irrigated Cropping Systems Agronomist, Washington State University) will discuss issues associated with high residue in irrigated environments.
- Earl Creech (Extension Agronomist, Utah State University) will present alfalfa-corn rotations and herbicide use in direct-seed farming.
- Olga Walsh (Cropping Systems Specialist, University of Idaho) will address how soil moisture, nutrients and weeds can be effectively addressed in a no-till cropping systems.
- Arash Rasheed (Entomology and Insect Ecology Specialist, University of Idaho) will discuss the wireworm management strategies in no-till crop production.
- Olga Walsh - Cropping Systems Agronomist
- Research Publications
- Extension Publications
- Teaching & Mentoring
- UI Parma Agronomy Program
- Sanaz - Postdoctoral Research Scientist
- Jordan - Agricultural Technician Senior
- South-West Idaho Cereal Program
- Idaho Crops & Soils Newsletter
- Nitrogen Management Survey
- UI Nutrient Management Conference
Wednesday, February 11, 2015
Direct Seed Workshop, Idaho Falls, March 11, 2015
Everyone involved in (or interested in) direct-seed/no-till practices and benefits and challenges associated with it are encouraged to attend this workshop next month.